Friday 24 July 2015

Flashback Friday - The Eid Edition

Sorry! (Throws hands up into the air)

My apologies extend to you. The Eid Edition is way over due... As you can see. Yet I feel it absolutely essential to do it anyways.

How the day went
Boring with a capital B. We had a really small event, family only, unlike the usual. For a person like me, who enjoys large social get-togethers with loads of people, talking, laughing and a huge buzz of activity, it was a real disappointment. However, my mom always tries her utmost best to make Eid the best day and no one can help split family Eids. Still, it annoyed me beyond explanation.

The chow
The most well-known part of Eid is the food, and I cab gladly say that every single year, without fail, my mom's organised a top-class menu. The usual Indian delight, Biryani was served for lunch, and boy was it tasty! My second favourite thing about Eid is the amount of sweet treats there are to gouge yourself on, Burfee being my absolute favourite. If you don't know what burfee is, it takes like nothing else you might know, but the texture is a little like raw dough. And it takes like it too! Jokes, no way, it is a piece of heaven.

What I wore
My favourite part, and probably yours too. For me, playing dress up at home doesn't usually result in compliments and rarely has reason behind it, but with everyone attempting to dress their best on Eid, it provides me with the perfect occasion to show off my inner Beyonce. This year though, my outfit was casual yet classy. With a plain off-white RT dress from Mr Price (favourite store EVER,) a lumo pink jacket sewn by my local dressmaker after listening to my idea if a 'flashy, lumo jacket that makes the outfit stand out' and a pair of off-white, normal shoes from a really priced down shop (can't remember the name.) My tights were also from Mr Price, an RT once again, brown with specks of colour and lumo pink! Mr Price has some great pattern pants for you to invest in. They're affordable, comfortable and trendy to the tee. Thank you, MRP! You can check out my outfit in my Instagram page, @unfathomable_oeuvres.

The great thing about this outfit is that it is casual and can be used in a hundred different ways. Generally people buy fancy dresses and flowy skirts which they never end up using again, but a reusable outfit pays off in the long run. Be sure to check out MRP's print collection, which you might have to dig around for, but will be worth your time. It definitely was worth mine!

Xoxo Mwah
Sumayya aka The Starry eyed Blogger
Check out @unfathomable_oeuvres for the outfit...

No comments:

Post a Comment