Saturday 8 August 2015

My Style Inspirations

Everyone can credit something or someone for their style, and I, in particular, must thank the many people that changed my style forever. Sure, I did have to develop my own, unique style, but ultimately, every outfit I invent is solely based on the influence and inspiration of these guys - my cousins (and I'll credit my Mom too.)

To be totally honest, I was never much of a fashionista. I had a non-adorable love for ruffles, tutus, beads and anything with an overdose of glitter, when I was young. My cousins would constantly tease me about this, and I never really care, because I seldom chose my outfits, and when I did, my mother always managed to make me look presentable. Only recently did I get over my love for too much, so to say. I still like to add a little sparkle to my wardrobe, now and then, but whenever I go overboard, they're there. My mom also played a huge role in my taste. I never was and never will be (from the looks of it!) much of a shopper, so shopping trips were a tiresome, moody experience for me. My mother endured this great calamity (of her only daughter hating shopping) with much skill and tact. My mother would buy a few items she liked, make me try them on and critique them, and then she would return those which I did not like. Thank you for your tolerance. Even though I still hate shopping with all my heart, I would never have started this blog (or my style , for that matter) if it weren't for these people. Thank you!!!

This post is dedicated to Haseenah, Sabeeha and Asma. You know who you are :) ;)

Xoxo Mwah
Sumayya aka The Starry-eyed Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment